★ What Makes a Hero – The Uncultured Project

I’m in awe after my friend sent me a link to a video of a man who is truly making a difference. It’s amazing how we tend to boost our ego or make ourselves feel better by saying that we’re charitable or “green” or care about our Earth and its inhabitants but we’re doing the bare minimum. I donate money & time once a month to help people in my community. It’s not as much as I used to do before truly becoming incredibly busy but I can say that I’m not ignoring the state of our world and little things do make a difference. There’s a man who is doing something that I’ve only dreamed of and he’s proved to me that big change is possible even on a small level. Please watch the video below.

Shawn left his middle-class American lifestyle and didn’t start a blog or picking up trash in his neighborhood and he didn’t petition for homeless programs in his area which, in my opinion is easy work that every single person should do. Shawn actually purchased a one-way ticket to Bangladesh and used his savings to truly make a difference. His project is called “Uncultured” and it’s not a non-profit, it’s not a corporation. It’s a project started by one guy and supported by one guy with donations from people like us. Instead of our donations going to a huge non-profit where 75% of the money goes to “operating expenses” and the other 25% is diluted and spread around the world, the donations to Uncultured go to people and Shawn posts video online of your donations going to buy food and supplies for real people.

What an amazing concept brought to us by The Internet. I give $50 and Shawn films that money being converted into relief supplies for people affected by natural disasters & poverty and puts it on the web. This concept is powerful, beautiful and extraordinary. Shawn, hat-tip to you and I’m sending you a virtual pat on the back for starting something amazing.

Below are links to learn more about Uncultured and I hope you can find $10 a month to donate as a recurring payment. Teachers in Bangladesh make no more than $13 US Dollars teaching kids so every dollar can go a long way!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.